May 21, 2015

Seeing Asia in a glance at Lego Let's go Asia exhibit



Most probably most of us got hooked with Lego blocks when we were young or perhaps until now?  I admit that sometimes I do play Lego blocks with my kids.  I still enjoy assembling those pieces of blocks and find joy and satisfaction that I was able to build a complicated piece just by looking at the sample on the Lego box. 

When me and my hubby went out on a date last Sunday for his birthday treat for me, we happen to pass by a Lego display exhibit at The Block, SM City North EDSA.  I would have not have the interest to get close to the display because we have not brought the kids with us, but when I had a glimpse of what was being exhibited in the barricaded area, my enthusiasm ignited and more so my wanderlust striked me.


What we saw are replicas of iconic landmarks and structures from different countries in Asia.  I was impressed by those structures at how they were intricately formed from pieces of Lego blocks.  I just couldn’t imagine how much time and effort they spent in order to finish one replica.

Here are the eight iconic landmarks in Asia on display:

Lego Himeji Castle
Himeji Castle of Japan, regarded as the finest surviving Japanese architecture 

Lego Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal of India, regarded as one of the eight wonders of the world due to its unsurpassed architectural beauty

Lego Rizal monument
Rizal Monument of the Philippines

Lego Wat Mahathat
Wat Mahathat of Thailand.  Regarded as one of the ten royal temples of the highest class in Bangkok.

Lego Singapore Merlion
Merlion of Singapore.  A landmark which personifies Singapore.

Lego Taipei 101
Taipei 101, skyscraper of Taiwan which is one of the tallest building in the world.



I couldn’t help myself being amazed and at the same time entertained, just by looking at each structure.  I was happy to be brought back again to some of those places that I was able to see in real life, likewise, I also enjoy looking at and admiring the others, and somehow imagining that someday I will also be able to visit those iconic landmarks that I haven’t seen yet such as Taj Mahal, Taipei 101, Great Wall of China, Himeji Castle of Japan and Wat Mahathat of Thailand.


You can watch these Lego structures on exhibit free, tagged as “Let’s Go Asia” until June 7 at The Block, SM City North EDSA, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. mall hours.

Featured Post

3 Enchanting Waterfalls Of Luisiana Laguna and How To Get There

Hulugan falls, Hidden falls and Talay falls Luisiana Laguna is blessed with nice waterfalls that made this quaint province popular t...

Recommendations:

Popular Posts